Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 15, 2006

Delivery Day!

Brady and Reese are here! I am just now updating, since I have obviously been busy! Many of you already know the details, but I am going to try my best to update you to this point on each baby. They were born on Wednesday, December 13. Brady arrived at 1:28 p.m. and Reese arrived at 1:30 p.m. Gary and I were both present and accounted for, along with about 20 other staff in the room! I still can't download pictures, so I will do it asap.

Brady was 4 lbs 13 ounces and 17 1/4 inches long. He has lots of dark hair, and appears quite chunky compared to Reese. He initially had some respiratory issues, and was intubated the first day, because he was being a little lazy and needed some help. That helped him become very comfortable, and he was on a nasal canula the next day. Today he is on room air, and moving into an isolette, since he is maintaining his temperature on his own. He started tube feeding today, and seems to be tolerating well. Brady likes very little noise and stimulation, but enjoys a good hold and pacifier. Gary changed his first poopy diaper, and they are both glad that is over!

Reese was 3 lbs 10 ounces and 16 1/2 inches long. She has white hair, and very petite facial features. Her head appears smaller than my palm! She has long limbs, and did much better with respiratory issues than Brady did, even though she was smaller. They expected that, since boys usually have a tougher time. Reese was on CPAP for a day, and went to room air the next day. She is also moving to an isolette, and started feeds today. She has a very fiesty temper, but looks like an angel when she sleeps!

I have a million details I could spill, but I am going to have to share later. We love you all, and can't wait to introduce you!

No comments: