Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Goodbyes

Larry and Clint (Christmas 2007)

If you didn't know my Uncle Larry, than you probably missed out on inheriting a really awesome nickname.  He had nicknames for just about everybody . . . Justoleum Linoleum (Justin), Lesso (Lesley), BR 549 (Betsy), Chadwick (Chad), CD (Crystal), and so many more.  It was hard for all of us to say goodbye yesterday.

Grandma and Her Kids (Dad, Claude, Kim, Randy, Tod)

This post would never end if I mentioned all of my fond memories of Larry, and I might not have ever tried chewing tobacco if I never met Larry.  That's right . . . chew.  I was so enamored by his smile, stories, and kind heart and I wanted to try that mysterious black wad that he would stick in his cheek.  After my endless harassment, he said, "Here ya go, Jamos."  I vomited shortly thereafter, and decided that I would leave the chew to him.

We spent so many memorable holidays with both sides of my family. Were we loud?  Well, have you ever met me?  Magnify that times 25!  It was especially rambunctious during our annual game of "white elephant."  That game could last a lifetime,especially if there was a coveted prize in the mix.  Fortunately, there are a few people in the family that aren't as hard-headed as Larry and I, and they would settle for a less desirable gift.  Someone had to stop madness (but there were a few of us that were ruthless).  One year he tried on and modeled a pair of boxers over his jeans.  The boxers were definitely not his style, but the humor was.

In honor of Larry, I would like to give Brady and Reese nicknames that would make him proud!  Let me know your suggestions.  I can't settle for anything less than hilarious.


Justin, Mom, Me, Lesley, Dad

I pray that Randy, Clint, Cody, and Casey will feel God's presence and peace.  Larry was married to my beautiful Aunt Randy for over 40 years, raised two wonderful sons, and has always been a part of his nieces and nephews' lives.  Our hearts are heavy, but his reward in Heaven is surely great.

Jamos

 
                     Cody and Clint                       
           Some of the grandkids             
 Brothers-Dad,Tod,Claude

         Lisa,Andrew,Claude,Becca,Betsy         
Congratulations 
  Cody and Casey!~ 
Baby Pullin on the way!

Crystal,Chad,Kim,Grandma,Tod
                                                                                                                                              

            Me,Grandma,Chad,Tod,Crystal,Mom         
Randy,Johnny,Dad
Crystal,Kim,Chad
Congrats Chad and Beth!



Take 20!  Mom finally got that picture taken!


1 comment:

Janet said...

I loved and enjoyed the tribute to Larry. I cried, and I laughed. The happy memories are treasures. I hope Randy, Clint, Cody and Casey felt the love you were trying to convey.

It is hard to think of a way to express our feelings, but you captured the thoughts that all of us feel.

It was wonderful to have the family together. I love them, and I love you.

Mom