Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 17, 2006

December 17, 2006

Lesley was discharged from the hospital today! Yeah! Taylor was glad to have her home, and I am sure Lesley is looking forward to sleeping in her own bed. I know I am looking forward to a real bed, too! I just hate being so far away from the hospital. I am having a little separation anxiety already!

Gary and I came back to the hospital after we moved back into Lesley's house. Brady and Reese have been moved into the same pod area, so their beds are right next to each other! This made me really happy! We participated in "kangaroo care" this evening, which means we held them close to us (skin to skin) in the fetal position, and we all really enjoyed it. I wish I could download the pictures, but I am not at my own computer! Gary looks real cute in a hospital gown!

Brady is now taking a bottle 3 times a day, and tolerating feeds well. Reese is going to start trying a bottle once a day, and we will see how that goes. They both lost a few ounces, which was to be expected . . . Reese is 3lb 7 ou and Brady is 4 lb 10 ou. Brady looks like a giant compared to Reese, but it was wonderful to have a picture together as a family. Reese got back on a little oxygen, because her heart rate was dropping a little after feeds. This is completely normal for 34 week babies. They are progessing well.

We love you all! Good luck with your Christmas shopping!

No comments: