Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Kid's Rooms











They are finally (almost) finished! Most of you know that I have been redecorating rooms, so that Brady and Reese can have their own room. They actually did ok with the separation, so I was grateful. Brady's room is the old playroom, and the only thing he said was, "I can't yike to sleep in da playmoom." Once I reminded him that he was surrounded by all of his things, he settled in nicely! (they have always shared everything, so I'm sure that was appealing) They chose their bedding, and we went with it. They both have chalkboard walls, and their personalities really shine. If I can ever find some curtains for Reese's room, I can put up her lamp lights and be done with it!

Lisa, Wendy, and Merrin came over today to help stencil Reese's butterflies, birds, and flowers. Actually, Lisa did it all. She is such a talented person. Reese is thrilled at the results, and Lisa did exactly what I had in mind (the whole great minds thing). She also decorated my fireplace mantel! I will attach some pictures. I am all decorated out! Next time, I won't start these projects in the middle of teaching 3 courses, potty training, the church Christmas play, Nursery re-vamping, birthday party, jewelry party, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Some day I will learn a little about timing!

No comments: