Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a lot to do this weekend, and Gary and I tried our hand AGAIN at taking Brady and Reese out in public. The next time you hear me attempting this feat, maybe someone close to me should kindly remind me how my sweet little angels can convert to devilish toddlers in the blink of an eye! I don't know how we manage to fool ourselves into thinking that large crowds and tight spaces will be no problem, but French Quarter Festival got us good. The first hour was a thing of beauty . . . lots of open running space, bubbles, throwing balls, kind neighbors parked next to you with children . . . and then the crowds come. I guess that the toddler fits would not be as bad if you didn't have Joe Schmo over in the corner discussing your parenting techniques and what you should or should not do. Joe must have forgotten how his kids were, doesn't have children, or had mutant alien children that turned off with the use of a remote control. Anyway, we left with both children screaming at the top of their lungs and with very frazzled nerves. Maybe next year we will go and I will just go up to the strangers that you know are DYING to give you their unsolicited advice and ask their opinions. Be proactive in the matter. Or maybe we will just get a babysitter instead! :) Brady and Reese, when you are old enough to read this, know that Mommy and Daddy love you anyway!

No comments: